Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Black Friday = My Hell

I genuinely dislike shopping. Everything from the drive to the shopping mall to the efforts of having to take my clothes off and put them back on 500 times only to find one outfit makes me lose it.

However, I was forced by one of my friends to go to Stanford Shopping Center last Sunday and it wasn't a horrible experience. I have lived in the Bay Area my whole life and have never been there. Although it was a slight drive for me, it was actually worth it. 

I like the fact that I do not have to push my way through a stinky dark mall with a million mall goers pushing and shoving me. The mall is outdoors! It reminds me of Carmel. I love it.

Anywho... the mall was promoting "Black Friday" everywhere. Two thoughts went through my head: (1) I cannot believe it is already Thanksgiving, which means Christmas is near, which means finals and midterms are even closer, which means panic attack. (2) I have never participated in the activities of "Black Friday" and the thought of it actually makes me nervous.

However, the event sounded fun.

On Friday, November 25th, Stanford Shopping Center will be handing out swag bags, full of free stuff, to the first 500 shoppers to stop by Center Pavilion. They apparently will also be raffling off one prize per hour from 9:00 a.m. until 6:00 p.m. 

Plus, there will be free coffee for all shoppers. 

The only reason I may consider going to this "Black Friday" event would be because of the free stuff, coffee and the possibility of winning a prize. Thank you Stanford Shopping Center.

P.S. I heard if you are one of the first 50 people to walk past Sprinkles Cupcakes and creepily whisper "Sprinkles" you, you will get a free cupcake!  Happy Tuesday!








These posts do not necessarily represent Simon Property Group's positions, strategies or opinions.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! Dylan and I love to hear what you think! Sincerely, Xtina