Wednesday, November 2, 2011

When We Were Weeee Little Lads

Although I thoroughly enjoy sharing stories about my Roommates, my Angry Older Sister, my Sister's Latin Wife, my Little Prince, my Dear Friend Oprah and my daily struggles being a law student, I do not think it is fair to deprive my loyal blog followers of the rest of my family.

I would, therefore, like to give you a very small glimpse of our lives as children.

As a quick reminder of how our family became United States Citizens, I intend to give you a brief synopses of the events that made our lives happen. Here it is in a nutshell:

As you may recall, my Roommate is the oldest of three brothers born in Bogota, Colombia. My Roommate was chosen by his parents to be the first to make the journey to the United States and to return for the rest of the family when he declared it to be safe. 

"Exhibit A"
(My Dad's Scary Journey to the U.S.)

When my Father declared the U.S. safe and after my dear uncle decided to get a fresh start in life, my Father brought my Uncle to the U.S.

"Exhibit B"
(Best Friends/Brothers)

After the brothers assimilated into the U.S. culture, they decided to get married (not to each other), build a home, have 2.5 children and play soccer. 

This brings me to "us", the 4 children.

"Exhibit C"
(Ms. Nicole Marie, Angry Older Sister, ME! & Monkey Cousin)
To everyone's surprise, Ms. Nicole Marie began her journey as a clown:

"Exhibit D"

Ms. Nicole Marie was a rambunctious little child. Although her hair did not fully come in until she was 5, she still won the hearts of many with her love for her monkey brother.

"Exhibit E"
(Bald at Age 4.5)
Although confused where her little brother came from, Ms. Nicole Marie would never deny that her monkey brother was her friend.

"Exhibit F"
(Monkey Cousin)
You may be thinking that it is remarkable my Uncle was capable of having a monkey child; our family believes so also.

Unfortunately, around age 3, my monkey cousin began transforming into a human. He still, however, did not understand the concept of clothes.

"Exhibit G"
(Monkey Cousin Transforming)

Although to the blind eye my monkey cousin was starting to resemble a human, we all had to remain patient while he learned how to act as a human. 

Luckily, my Uncle took the time to help the monkey learn how to do simple human things, i.e. fishing.

"Exhibit H"
(My Uncle Teaching Monkey to Fish)

Like my uncle, Ms. Nicole Marie also stood strong next to my monkey cousin while he transitioned into a human.

"Exhibit I"
(Monkey Cousin Learning How to Take Pictures)
Occasionally, Older Angry Sister would allow monkey, Ms. Nicole Marie and I to play with her. Although, monkey had been going through his transition for some time, he still had some anxiety during play time and missed family events.

"Exhibit J"
(Left- Right)
(Angry Older Sister, Ms. Nicole Marie, ??, ME!, ??,- Notice: No Monkey)

Although my cousin monkey has slightly regressed in his progression from monkey to human, he is doing fantastic! To much of our surprise, he is graduating college with an emphasis in the study of primates!!! 

"Exhibit K"
(My Monkey Cousin 2011)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! Dylan and I love to hear what you think! Sincerely, Xtina