Tuesday, October 11, 2011

2011 Making Strides Against Breast Cancer- Long Island NY Style


My family and I are traveling to New York this weekend for my cousin's wedding! We are all so excited!

In addition to celebrating my cousin's wedding, we are celebrating the nine (9) year anniversary of our very dear friend, Mary, being cancer free! 

On Sunday, October 16, 2011, at Jones Beach State Park we are proud to participate in the 2011 Making Strides Against Breast Cancer, Long Island NY Style. 

Although we are celebrating the fact that Mary has been cancer free for 9 years, we are walking this year for Mary's dear friend, Mary Ann Ferchland Marra, who lost her battle on October 8th 2011. 

Mary states on her 2011 Making Strides of Long Island, NY donation page, "I never met anyone so inspirational and strong. I will miss her more than words can convey. Let's raise money and awareness, so no more families have to go through the pain and suffering that this disease causes. Only through research can this happen, so please donate.Thank you."

I don't know how many people this blog post will actually reach, but I am inspired to try and make it reach enough to accomplish Mary's goal of raising $1,000 for Breast Cancer by this Sunday.  

I just donated $35To reach her goal of $1,000, all I need is 28 of my dedicated loyal readers to donate $35 also!

Let's see what we can do... plus, I will be the one walking in New York. All you have to do is supply some digits from your credit card and press "accept". Thank you much!









UPDATE: 6 more people to reach our goal of $1,000! Thank you to everyone who is donating!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! Dylan and I love to hear what you think! Sincerely, Xtina