Monday, October 3, 2011

Law School Secret No. 352

Law School Secret No. 352: Vegas Can Smell Desperation.

As I got off of the plane on Saturday and walked into the Palazzo, I knew by the end of the trip Law School would be paid for. I thought to myself, maybe this blog isn't my last resort at a chance for success.

Wrong. Apparently there are others like me that travel to Vegas with the goal of becoming instantly rich.

Although I lost a few $$ in Vegas, I have again learned a valuable lesson and would like to share this new found knowledge with you.

One. Despite what you may have heard, your odds of winning in Vegas are apparently very slim.

Two. Regardless of how many times you create the image of winning in your head consistent with what you have learned from "The Secret", the universe will not align the slot machines in your favor.

Three. Vegas can smell desperation. I think I actually heard the slot machine laugh at me when I inserted my last 50 cents.

Four. Even if you are lucky enough to minimize your deficit, the excitement of Vegas will overcome you and you will likely miss your cue to walk away when you almost break even.

Five. When you owe your roommates rent money, do not go to Vegas

Six. When you are in Vegas, think about how lucky you are that you have amazing, wonderful, loving roommates that are waiting at home for you.

Seven. Vegas encourages family relationships; so some advice to all of the "roommates" that may be reading this: You should welcome your roommate home with love and support when they return from Vegas.

Even if they are slightly short on their rent payment for this month and next month, you should remember you love and admire your little curious Vegas roommate and enjoy their risk taking ability.

Eight. Always remember no matter what happens in Vegas, your roommate probably looked like this at one point:
"Exhibit A"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! Dylan and I love to hear what you think! Sincerely, Xtina