Thursday, October 27, 2011

Highs & Lows for the Week

Highs:

* Realizing that tomorrow is Friday!
* Watching Oprah's Life Class Re: When someone shows you who they are, believe them.
* Having Constitutional Law twice this week.
* Telling an 80 year old man at Starbucks how important it is for him to read "Act Like a Lady, Think Like a Man" by Steve Harvey.
* Having a stranger buy me coffee in a drive thru.
* Buying a stranger coffee the next day to "pay it forward" in a drive thru.
* Getting much needed sleep.
* Getting inspired by the Girls Leadership Institute.
* Telling my boss no.
* Deciding to be a Ninja Turtle for Halloween.
* Dylan is going to be splinter. 

Lows:

* Missing my 8:00 a.m. conversation with my sister this morning due to my crap schedule.
* Having to wake up and be to work almost every day this week before 8:00 a.m.
* Reading so much that my eyes feel like they are about to catch on fire.
* Dylan starving himself again during fashion week.
* Catching the Devil Dog eat my lunch.
* Getting home every night from school around 10:30 and realizing that it is too late to eat.
* The anticipation of having to be at work at 5:00 a.m. tomorrow morning, which means having to leave my house around 4:15 a.m., which means having to get up at 3:30 a.m., which means I just had a panic attack.

So apparently this concept of having "fun" while in law school and working 30+ hours a week is close to impossible.

Although I have thoroughly enjoyed the amazing vacations I have been fortunate enough to take this past month, I am paying for it at work and in school. This is the reason I have been so out of touch.

I wonder if my roommates would care if I quit my job and just focused on my love for the law and working at the charity of my choice for the remainder of law school. That makes me happy just thinking about the possibility.

I am slightly stressed. I need a vacation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! Dylan and I love to hear what you think! Sincerely, Xtina