Tuesday, October 25, 2011

The Devil Ate My Lunch

This morning started out no different than any other morning. 

I woke up to the sound of "Oh Happy Day" by the guy in Sister Act 2 around 6:04 a.m. As I reached over to press snooze, I accidently kicked Dylan in the head. 

Feeling badly for hurting my little prince, I called for him to come closer so that I could pet him. This usually wakes me up and the "snooze" that I just attempted is no longer necessary.

With one eye open, I lead my little prince and his sister, the devil dog, downstairs to the backyard so they could have their morning bathroom break. 

"Exhibit A"
(My Little Prince)

"Exhibit B"
(Devil Dog

While the dogs caused chaos in the backyard, I walked to the coffee machine to make some of Colombia's finest. While my man Juan Valdez was brewing, I began to make my lunch for the day. 

Because I leave my house everyday around 7:45 a.m. and am unable to return home until after school, which is around 10:30 p.m., preparing my lunch for the day is a necessity. 

This particular morning I decided to make enough chicken to last me for the week so that I can ax this part of my routine for at least a couple of days. I pre-heat the oven to 400 degrees and when the oven was ready, placed my chicken into the oven for approximately 10-15 minutes. (They were small strips of chicken)

About 10-15 minutes later I heared the buzzer sound. I then ran downstairs and took the chicken out of the oven and placed it on the island in our kitchen. I left it there to cool while I went back upstairs to continue getting pretty for the day.

Fast Forward 45 Minutes.

After I was ready for the day, I tricked my little prince and his beefy sister Bella into the garage. I then gathered my school books, computer and everything else I needed for the day. As I was about to leave the house, I remembered that I made lunch and it was waiting for me on the island!

I walked back into the kitchen only to find an empty pan. Hmmmm... That's weird. I wonder if Roommate No. 2 was nice enough to pack my lunch for me. It must be in the refrigerator.

Well...After checking the fridge and looking in odd places around the house, I called Roomie No. 2 to ask where my lunch went. As I grabbed for my phone, I noticed claw marks on the tin foil that lined the pan where my chicken once laid.

Ruling out my little prince because of his height and weight, I realized that it was Devil Dog!

However, before I pointed my finger at the tubby dog, I called Roomie No. 2 just to make sure she didn't accidentally hide my lunch. She confirmed that she had nothing to do with my chicken disappearing. Just as I suspected.

I walked out to the garage to see the culprit. She was asleep. In her bed. Covered with her favorite blanket. She was in a food coma from eating my chicken that was supposed to last me a week!

Not cool Bella.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! Dylan and I love to hear what you think! Sincerely, Xtina