Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Dear Dad

In case you haven't caught up on the "Dear Dad" section of SincerelyXtina and because I am unable to make this blog "User Friendly" due to what my dad refers to as my "Small Brain", you can CLICK HERE to read more cool emails that go between my father and I. 

In the meantime, below is an email chain between my Dad and I dated May 12, 2011.  

Date: May 12, 2011

Re: Law School Loan 

Me: "Freddy- I forgot to transfer $250 to you from my last paycheck with all the madness going on. I just transferred it today. You should see it with in 5 days. I get paid on Monday and will be transferring another $250 next week.

I also have a check for you from sister for $200 and cash from X that should equal $420 (however, I used some of it ;) ) I LOVE YOU!!!!!" 

Dad: "Thank you. I love you too. By the way, your tax return checks arrived! And just to be clear, it should be $200 from sister and $420 form X, total $620. Will I get at least half of that?" 

Me: "oh dad... you are so silly. How much did I get for my return?? You can choose what you would like to do with it... either put it towards my loan or MEXICO!!!

You will be pleased to know that sisters came in the form of a check (I therefore could not scam you) and X's is cash, which has approximately $380 left out out of the $420 he asked me to give to you and NOT to spend or he would kill me. Please do not, therefore, advise my boyfriend that I am scamming you and him or I will lose my life! hahahah I had to use a $20 for the cab ride home from the airport and I use $40 in NC!" 

Dad: "You have two checks, I think the total is around $800. You should put that towards your loan. Your scamming technique is not very good because you said there is $380 left but yet you spent $60 ($20 for taxi and $40 in NC). That would have left me with $360 (not $380). Are you planning on taking another $20?" 

Me:  "My apologies sir. I just recounted and there is exactly $374. That is my best offer!" 

Dad: "Wow. Thank you very much. It has been a pleasure negotiating with you." 

Me: "You are a tough cookie to negotiate with. I am glad we found a resolution. " 

Dad: "I feel privileged…………………………"

 Me: "As do I Freddy... as do I." 

Moral of the Story: Do not try and scam your Father out of money... his brain is bigger.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! Dylan and I love to hear what you think! Sincerely, Xtina