Monday, October 10, 2011

How to Tell Your Colombian Father You Got A Semi-Large Arm Tattoo

I understand that telling your Colombian father you got a semi-large arm tattoo could be slightly intimidating.

However, based on my experience and the fact that I am still alive, I would like to share some secrets as to how to tell your Colombian Father you got a semi-large arm tattoo on your lunch break from work.

First thing is first... Be honest. Nothing is worse than you trying to hide the fact that your upper arm has a little extra color to it. 

Next, figure out a creative "reveal". In order for your father to accept and "like" your new arm art, you must be sensitive to your father's feelings.

Now, you must understand that the initial "reveal" could possibly be a little overwhelming for your father, so it is important you be respectful and acknowledge the fact that you understand his views on arm art.

I would also add in your "reveal" a tearful thank you. Thank your father for providing you with the tools to properly express yourself. Really thank him for allowing you to always be yourself, regardless of how much the Colombian culture dislikes arm art.

Remember, your father is the most understanding, loving, caring, insightful, brilliant, talented, thoughtful man in your life.

And lastly, the perfect, safest place to "reveal" the new addition to your body is most likely on your blog.

I love you dad!
Love your little princess.










P.S. I am just kidding! I would never reveal my semi-large arm tattoo to my father on my public blog.... I have way more class than that.... I did, however, tell him through a Facebook post and tagged him in it!


2 comments:

  1. this is funny!! I got a semi large arm tattoo & hid it fri
    om my grandpa. hes like my dad & super strict, super against tattoos. it was my 3rd actually & he didn't know about any of them lol. he caught me shopping & I had to show him he was PISSED but he got over it & still loves me haha.
    new follower btw :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so funny! They never can stay angry for too long. I always use the "But I'm your sweet, innocent little girl" line. However, it is starting to not be as powerful as it once was. Thank you for following!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! Dylan and I love to hear what you think! Sincerely, Xtina