Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Children's Book Drive

Although I normally only use my money making blog for selfish reasons in order to better my "career" and although I am normally not the fondest of children, today I decided to have a change of heart and help out my community.

In Fact, I feel I have a slight duty to pass the word along about a Children's Book Drive taking place in Morgan Hill, California. 

Before I give you the information to the above stated Children's Book Drive, I would like to take the opportunity to apologize to the parents that own children in which Dylan has already attacked or may attack in the future. 

I promise it is not personal when Dylan attacks your innocent little creation. My little prince attacks me as well.  

Now that we are on the same page and getting a fresh start, for your future reference, when you see this walking by ("Exhibit A") , keep your children's hands, feet, eyes, elbows and fingers at a 10 foot distance:

"Exhibit A"


I also believe it to be important to spread the word of said Children's Book Drive for the following reasons:

1. I think every kid should grow up reading Dr. Sues and not be forced by their older siblings to watch movies such as E.T., The Labyrinth or Bevis & Butthead.

2.  I think every child inherently loves to learn and read. If we encourage their love for reading and keep them interested now, maybe that excitement will continue into graduate school as it did for me. 

3. I think reading builds confidence and  building confidence in little children will help them succeed throughout life. 

So, if you would like to get involved, the Children's Book Drive/Donation will be held at Stratford School which is located at 410 Llagas Road, Morgan Hill, CA on Saturday, October 15, 2011 at 10:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.

The Stratford School Student Council is working with The Children's Book Project to collect books for children in need.

They ask that you look through your old book bins and drop off your "gently used" or "no longer wanted" children's books. 

All of the children's books will be delivered to children charities throughout the Bay Area.

Any book that helps a child to form a habit of reading, to make reading one of his deep and continuing needs, is good for him. ” ~~ Maya Angelou







P.S. Just to reiterate my point, if someone donated books to me when I was little, maybe I would have learned to spell "Dr Seuss" correctly. (See Misspelling Above)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! Dylan and I love to hear what you think! Sincerely, Xtina