Monday, October 17, 2011

Dylan Got Bullied!

Dear Dylan,

I apologize for the incident that took place last Tuesday. My failed attempt at trying to do something funny has unintentionally made you insecure and timid.

Your groomer informed me that because I had waited a tad bit longer than normal to cut your hair, they had no choice but to shave it all off.  Thankfully they were able to save the hair on your ears and tail. 

"Exhibit A"
To counteract the humility in which I believed you would face in the furture, I agreed to allow them to turn you into a leopard.

"Exhibit B"
Unfortunately, my attempt to shield you from the evils of society failed and the inevitable happened... You were bullied.

The day I left for New York was the day of the above said incident.   
The original plan was to take you to your favorite upscale Pet Motel for a two night stay which would last until Saturday morning. 
Your Aunty Christine would then pick you up from the Pet Motel to stay with her and Uncle Steven for the remainder of the weekend so that you would be able to play with your Cousin Charlie.  

"Exhibit C"- Cousin Charlie
The original plan fell short of perfect when I walked you and your new haircut into your not so favorite Pet Motel.

You began to shake and my heart melted. The nice concierge brought you to the back so that you were able to "assimilate" with the rest of the dogs.

Feeling slightly uneasy, I asked the co-concierge for a tour.

Prior to my "tour", I asked the co-concierge to explain what the "assimilation process" was. She explained that you would be placed in a supervised closed, secure area. The concierge would then introduce you to each of the dogs in the dog pack until all dogs are in the closed, secure area together.

I thought to myself: That doesn't sound too bad.

I was then led throughout the Pet Motel paying less than close attention to anything the concierge said, just waiting to get at least a glimpse of the "assimilation" process.

Then it happened. I saw you. My Prince. In the corner of a not so secure, closed off area. There were three dogs surrounding you. They were growling. You were in the fetal position. I have never seen you this submissive. You were being bullied!

The concierge quickly ran up to you and your abusers to place you back in the "supervised location" where the "assimilation process" was supposedly taking place.

I was mortified. My heart sank. I asked him who was supervising the dogs and the concierge quickly rebutted all of my concerns with some indirect reason as to why the dogs were "playing" in an unsupervised area.

Knowing that my flight to New York took off in only a couple of hours, I did what any reasonable, quick thinking mother would do: I left you.

Although I stand by my decision to leave you in the hands of the wolves that bullied you, I apologize if the bulling continued. Bullies don't like what is different.  

The bullies were just jealous of your spots.

However, we must move forward and understand that every hard situation just makes us stronger son.

Keep your head up. Your fur will grow back, your spots will come off, life will soon be back to normal. I promise.

I love you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! Dylan and I love to hear what you think! Sincerely, Xtina