Friday, September 16, 2011

The Daily Routine of Sisters


A day in the life of sisters looks a little something like this:
Step 1: Wake up to the sound of "Oh Happy Day"
(Alarm No. 1) from Sister Act II at 6:17 a.m.


Step 2: Snooze "Oh Happy Day" until this version of Breakeven     
(Alarm No. 2) goes off at 6:37 a.m.


Step 3: Roll out of bed; Give my little prince a kiss; Take a shower; Brush my teeth; Paint my face; Do my hair; Get dressed; Trick gremlin dog from hiding under his bridge; Pack my lunch and at approximately 8:00 a.m. I am in the car driving to work. 

Then its sister time! My sister and brother-in-law live in Charlotte, North Carolina at the moment. We must, therefore, communicate electronically.

I talk to my sister all day everyday starting with our 8:00 a.m. conversation and continue the worlds longest conversation throughout my day at work through the means of electronic communitcation. I make sure I have access to her instantly at all times.

How did sisters survive before facebook, g-chat, email, instant messaging, text messaging, picture text messaging, skype, voice changers, etc.??

I just don't understand how sisters are able to maintain a healthy sister-relationship without having full access to one another at all times. 

We wouldn't survive.

After work, our conversation continues. I call her as soon as I get off to tell her all about my 4.5 hour work day. After I transition from work to school mode (which is the drive from work to starbucks), I abruptly end the conversation and advise my sister that we must again continue the discussion electronically. 

It is now study time. 

During study time, my sister and I make sure to always have our lines of communication open, i.e. g-chat and facebook, just in case the other needs to instantly get in touch with the other. 

You might think that our communication is slightly excessive and I will respectfully disagree. 

A perfect example of the benefits of our constant need to stay in touch with one another at all times throughout the day revealed itself on the day of the infamous east coast earthquake!

While all of you other simps learned of the earthquake after it happened, I was living it with my sister!

Luckily, we have it all documented on G-Chat:

Sister: "...SO Jon and I are planning on going out to dinner this weekend. We are going to try this new Italian place. It is supposed to be really good, but getting Jon to go outside his comfort box is sometimes challenging. I am going to lie to him, tell him we are going to Oliver Garden and then just go to the other place while.... (SLIGHT PAUSE)"

Sister: "omg we just had an EARTHQUAKE IT"S stil happening!! holy s***!!! I might need to get under the table"

Me: " what???? p,h"

Sister: "hold on"

Me: " omg are you ok???? what the heck! I didnt think NC had earthquakes omg"

Sister: "omg the bulding is still swaying"

Me: " Is this our last conversation ever?? My eyes are tearing what the heck! Answer me! Where are you??????? omg Is this the end??"

Sister: "wtf??"

Sister: "omg ok I had to go stand in the doorway"

Me: "I almost called 911"

Sister: "I think everything is going to be ok omg that was so scary!"

Me: "was it big???"

Sister: "let me see on the news...it felt like a 4.0 i can't find anything...omg I am dizzy, I almost just fainted"

Me: "dont faint I just looked online and nothing is posted yet"

Sister: "omg...that was weird"

Me: " did anything fall? that is weird"

Sister: "no...the whole house shook and then swayed"

Me: "I thought NC doesnt have earthquakes I bet you everyone is freaking out! and you are like... scary but normal "

Sister: " I don't know...there might be a fault out here"

Sister: " true ok anyway, back to my convo"

Me: "continue"

Reports of the earthquake surfaced about 15 minutes later! Major damage could have happened in that time frame!

Moral of the story: Love your sister!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! Dylan and I love to hear what you think! Sincerely, Xtina