Thursday, September 22, 2011

Everything Has A Home

Growing up, my sister and I used to play the game "maid". 

The goal of the game was to get the house as clean as possible before my parents would come home from work. 

The "game" included vacuuming my sister's bedroom floor, dusting my sister's room, doing the dishes left in my sister's room, cleaning my sister's bathroom, making my sister's bed, picking up my sister's clothes off of my sister's floor and color cordinating my sister's closet.

If I did a really good job, my sister would sometimes allow me to watch her play with her "Shera Dolls", which I was strictly forbidden to touch. 

"Exhibit A"

I soon discovered that this "game" of maid was in fact my sister using her "older sister" ability to make her younger, very innocent sister complete her assigned daily chores. 

Even though I discovered my sister's true intent after watching my parents solely pay her for our "game", I continued to play "maid" with her because I could see that she genuinely enjoyed it.

My sister's obsession to keep a tidy house is still very much in effect today. 

When I visit her, my sister constantly reminds me  that "everything has a home", meaning that everything in her house has a place where it should be put away.

A couple of weeks ago, my brother-in-law's brother, his best-friend and wife and I visited my sister and brother-in-law in North Carolina.

To my sister's horror, after cleaning the entire house after we all left and our vacation was over, Mr. Sock was left behind and, of course, did not have a home:

"Exhibit B"

 
My sister frantically text me and asked if Mr. Sock belonged to me. I advised her that Mr. Sock did not. I could feel the confusion in her texts and felt badly for what was to come.

A couple of days later, I received another frantic text advising me that she had no other option but to wash Mr. Sock but was still concerned as to where Mr. Sock was going to go after he was clean.

"Exhibit C"


Apparently, once Mr. Sock was cleaned, my sister folded the laudary and soon forgot that Mr. Sock was homeless. She then went to sleep for the night.

However, when my sister awoke the very next morning, Mr. Sock had found his way next to her night stand.

"Exhibit D"

Being distraught, my sister decided it was time to take a shower to calm her nerves and clear her head.

When she finished her shower she went back to her connecting bedroom only to find that Mr. Sock had officially crossed the line:

"Exhibit E"


Yes... my sister is in her 30's and yes she has a teddy bear named Fossil that she insists sleeps with her and her husband.

If it wasn't bad enough, Mr. Sock didn't stop there. He forced Fossil to embrace him with love.

"Exhibit F"


Mr. Sock then made Fossil spoon him. 

"Exhibit G"


 Mr. Sock then found his way to his new home... Fossil's foot, which is where he resides today. 

"Exhibit H"


My sister is doing better. I have not received a text message regarding any of the foregoing since Mr. Sock officially found a home. I believe she is able to be at peace now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! Dylan and I love to hear what you think! Sincerely, Xtina