Friday, September 16, 2011

Dear Dad

September 16, 2011 Email:

Re: God? Are you there?

Me: "Freddy- Where have you been? I miss you! Did you forget that you have a child!?"

Freddy: "Hello Christina Marie, I am so sorry I have not reached out to you but I have been extremely busy at work. 

I have however been following your blog (I am a groupie I believe!) And I was happy to see that there is in fact others that share my name. 

So I now know two additional (other than me) that spell it the same. 

One is the cashier lady at the Bakery in Bogota where the school bus stop was when I was 9 and endured eternal teasing for it (I think I was bullied) and the other one is a dog. That explains it all. 

Why didn’t my parents stick to my grandmas suggestion that my name should have been Rogee! (the French version). Instead I am forever linked to bullying and dogs.

When are you coming home? I love you, Dad"

Me: "Dear Dad, That was the funniest email you you have ever written. Are you trying to win the "Funniest Family Member of 2011" Award?? You little sneak.

Thank you for being a loyal blog follower. This will increase my chances of being famous, making money, paying off law school, buying a Mercedes and meeting Oprah.

Although, Rogee is a nice name, I am glad that Nana Blanca and Grandpa chose Freddy and tried to "Americanize" you as you once explained to me. Your transition from Colombia to the states could have been far worse if your name was Rogee. I understand being bullied by Colombian gangsters could be rough, however, I have heard that bullying here is an epidemic and very dangerous. I do not think your catholic school would have prepared you for the evil that may have come to you through the name Rogee.

I am coming home Sunday! I miss you and your blond bombshell. Love you!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! Dylan and I love to hear what you think! Sincerely, Xtina