Monday, September 12, 2011

I Survived

I officially scared myself so badly that I can't sleep. 

For years, I have corrupted my young, innocent, impressionable brain with television shows that are filled with unsolved murders, attacks in upper-class neighborhoods, hikers that have been abducted, wives that have been murdered by their husbands while their children ride in the front seat not knowing that mom is in the back of the pick-up truck, tales of how people survived the unthinkable, kidnappings, burglaries and the list sadly goes on. 

What is wrong with me!?

I recently realized there might be a slight issue with my guilty unhealthy habit of watching such horror:

Reason One: The feeling of embarrassment when I successfully made everyone uncomfortable at a backyard BBQ by telling them about a serial killer in Florida that pretended to be a cop. I guess I understand the awkward silence that usually follows one of my graphic stories... What are they supposed to say?? 

Reason Two: I am officially the most paranoid person I know.

Normal girls my age are afraid to walk to their cars at night because they heard on Oprah that people attack. 

I, on the other hand, am afraid to walk to my car at night in fear of being asked by a man, that I diligently notice has a broken arm and is sitting in a wheel chair, to help him put his groceries in the back of his white murder van that is conveniently parked next to me.

When I am posed with this moral dilema of whether to help this crippled man or resist helping out of fear , I freeze because I know this is a trick! A trick to kill me!

Then I think of every scenario that could possibly present itself to me and how I could "defuse the situation".

My brain is constantly screaming, "Never Go To The Second Location!" ; "Hold your keys in between your fingers!"'; "Karate-chop their throat, while poking & scratching at their eyes!".

Playing out these crazy scenarios in my head cannot be normal. But I can't help it.

I blame it on, "I Survived". For those of you that don't know of this addicting, crazy, scary, intense show, I suggest that you watch it with caution. If you like it, I promise, all of the above weird behavior will soon become your daily routine. Be careful.

So, now that I have completely lost track of what the point of this blog was.. oh...yes. I can't sleep!

Reason No. Three: I can't sleep! I am terrified! I am constantly thinking of places in my house I can hide, people I can call, ways I can escape. Even though I might be the most prepared potential victim, I need some sleep.

So for now, I am saying goodbye to all of the horror in hopes that some of the images will erase from my head and allow me to get a goodnight sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! Dylan and I love to hear what you think! Sincerely, Xtina