Thursday, September 8, 2011

Dear Oprah

I have thought about writing this letter for over 20 years. I have thought about the exact moment that we meet and how I finally would have the opportunity to express to you how much your show has influenced and changed my life.

I should warn you that I have a slight fear of public speaking and I am infamous for cracking under pressure. With that said, I also wonder if any sound would come out of my mouth when my dream of our two worlds meeting was about to become a reality.
 
My ONE true wish is that my words of gratitude, assuming I was able to stutter through my prepared speech, would touch you so deeply that it would sink you into a full-blown "ugly cry". Then, and only then, would I know that you truly understand how much I have learned and grown from watching your show.

Unfortunately, everyone else on the planet has stolen my words of gratitude, sent you into your ugly cry and left me with a blank sheet of paper that occasionally I stare at while attempting to procrastinate from briefing my law school cases. 

So WHEN we meet, I am offering an apology now for my inability to speak, my shaking hand and the possible tears coming from my eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! Dylan and I love to hear what you think! Sincerely, Xtina